Friday, January 28, 2011

Tonight's the Night!

Okay!  Tonight is the night for our third Cult Fiction show; The Dark Hunt.  I gotta say I'm really digging how everything for this show is just falling into place and it's shaping up to be a hell of a night!  All these people who are helping pull this off are amazing, seriously amazing.

You see, I've got this vision, where we get people from every form of the arts and just smash them all together into this awesome creativity collective.  Sure, Cult Fiction is horror themed.  I love horror.  Horror makes for fun exciting shows.  But that's not the heart of it.  The heart of these shows is bringing everyone together.  Us authors tend to be solo acts.  We don't typically get to play with the other arts.  I'm tired of that.  Cult Fiction is the remedy.  Authors, Actors, Musicians, Dancers, Artists, Filmmakers (yes, I totally want indy films in this thing eventually, short plays, performance art, etc...), and Techies.  Yes, computer geekery, sound guys, web guys, etc... is an art in my book.  I sure can't do it.

So far, it seems to be working.  Tonight we'll really get a taste of it and I'm really stoked.  I don't think I'm alone.  People really like the idea of being a part of some giant cross-art event and the more folks who like it, the more we can hit this thing from different angles in the future.  Oh, am I talking about the future and we haven't even had this show yet?  Of course I am.  You know me.

See you tonight people!  Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment