Saturday, December 4, 2010

Image Inspired Mini Story #1

“I cannot express how much I’ve grown to love my darling Ixodoidia, almost to the exclusion of all else. For a time my fascination for her was such that I simply forgot all manner of personal responsibilities. The result of such foolish activity was not without consequences. My appetite diminished, and as it did, so went my health. I took on a most sickly pallor and lost a great deal of weight. It was only when my dearest reminded me of her own needs that I was roused to action. Now, all is well on that front. I ensure at least one meal daily and with it, an assortment of multivitamins. I am much refreshed. "

"Were that my social standing could be so easily repaired! Due to what I must admit to as inferior and inattentive behavior in the workplace, I have lost my employment. While this is no great tragedy, for I have an abundance of savings on which to support myself, I find myself embarrassed, and often ashamed, that I should have let my employers down in such a manner, and I worry about what friends and family think of my failure. Ixodoidia reminds me that people are gossips, looking to find fault where they can, and that I should not spend so much time concerning myself over it. I try not to. Besides, what I have found in her is a joy worth trading all manner of relations. Many of my friends have expressed concern, but I pay it very little mind. If they knew a love such as mine, they would certainly behave in the same manner. By god! Aren’t all men seeking, from the time they leave their mothers, for that elusive and perfect harmony of relationship? I count myself lucky to have found it."

"Ixodoidia is everything to me. We share our breath together. We go everywhere with one another. When I sleep, she caresses my forehead and shares of my dreams. I can hear her whispers constantly. Certainly, I would do anything for my love!”

Excerpt from the personal journals of Edgar Chelic, the Butcher of LeVille
_____________________________________


The image is from artist Vania Zouravlio. His stuff is pretty great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment